Sunday, January 4, 2009

A Holiday Recap.

Y’know, it seems inevitable. Any time in my life when I’ve kept a regular journal, it seems there’s a huge gap between the end of November and the beginning of the new year. Apparently the rule works for blogs as well. I’ll try to catch you up.

Thanksgiving was wonderful. The entire exte
nded family overcrowded into three condos in Sun Valley. I loved it. We stayed up nearly every night playing hearts and eating too much while grandma worried. The highlights would have to be Jake properly using the word “décolletage” and our nearly running out of gas on the drive home.

There were seven of us in the Jeep; Me, Jen, Jame
son, Samantha, Brady, Dan, and Sharli. If I remember right we were all belting away to Ace of Base in an ipod-Idol sing off. It was during this mad ruckus when Brady calmly (inaudibly?) inquired if I had taken a peak at our gas gauge lately.

I hadn’t.

We looked to our left, and we looked to our right. Nothing but miles of lava rock. We had 16 miles to empty, and the next stop was who knows how far off. This was trouble. Luckily, after 20 miles or so we found a pump. We had to lift a series of levers to pressurize the system. Wanna buy a goat? They were for sale there too.


Christmas was magical. I’m excited for the day when we have young kids listening for the pitter-patter of reindeer hoofs, but for now, its really great just being a couple and enjoying Christmas for what it should be.

Then again, Jen woke me up jumping on the bed at 6:30. “It’s Christmas! It’s Christmas!”

I’m still suffering the effects of New Years. We were going to play with our friends Jared and Katrina, but they bailed on us sick. So New Years Eve we got a call from Tyler and Michelle telling us that their plans might fall through and that we were on reserve. That felt nice.

We all played games until 3 in the morning laughing like giddy school children. We had so much fun we did it all over again the very next night, and then again two days later.

But here’s my problem: I tried warning them about Jen, but they didn’t listen. I told them she’d win, destroy them, annihilate us all, but my warnings fell on deaf ears. I was Lehi. They were Jerusalem. It was incredibly frustrating to scream until I was blue in the face only to be ignored. Their loss, she dominated.


….AND she’s pregnant.

3 comments:

Vee said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is so exciting. When are you guys due?
The holidays sound like they were a lot of fun. I'm glad you guys made it home ok.

DeeAura said...

HAHAHAH!!! Leave it to you to break the news so nonchalantly. Congratulations to you both!!! I mean that for the pregnancy AND the winning, of course.

Also, could you please always "peak" at your gas gauge? I always peek at mine, but hey - to each his/her own.

You know. :)

Shani said...

When is she due? Congrats you guys! I am so excited for you.