Friday, October 17, 2008

1st Acceptance

So it's official: I'm going to be a doctor. I got an email from Touro University - Nevada saying that the acceptance letter is in the mail.

Phew!

Its nice to have an acceptance in my pocket this early in the process. From my very first interview even. And I really liked the school when I interviewed there. The best thing that I can say about it is that the students there are happy. I think that's the best litmus test for any school; how the students there like it.

I'm still hoping to hear back about Denver, and have a couple other interviews scheduled (so far), but it is really, REALLY nice knowing that whatever else happens, I'm going to be a doctor. I made it.


(To celebrate, Jen is letting me buy a venus fly trap).


-Jonathan

4 comments:

Jeremy and Natalie said...

You should apply at University of Nebraska Med Center, that is where I am at, I could put in a good word for you. Even though they are in Omaha and they are a state school, they let in 40 out of state students. It is a great school.

Jeremy and Natalie said...

I should have mentioned, this is (Elder) Jeremy Hartley, in case you didn't know. I have a friend at Rocky Vista this year, I could give you his info if you want.

Vee said...

Congratulations!! It's got to feel great knowing that no matter what the answer is from the other schools you know what you will be doing for the next few years.

Amber said...

Congrats!! That is so exciting. I think I am dumb...what is a venus fly trap??